ESG (Environment, Social, and Governance) is a methodology used to assess and report on aspects that reflect how sustainable, responsible, and ethical they are. ESG is rapidly increasing in importance and impact, which is causing companies to want to have a better understanding of what ESG is and how they can best engage with it.
At ESG.AI we are transforming how organisations explore, define, and track their ESG goals. We leverage the power of artificial intelligence to enable companies to visualise, model, and optimise their own approach to ESG. We are focused on understanding how to best engage our customers with ESG in a way that incentivises real change, makes ESG scoring more transparent and rewards companies who make good progress.
Your role as a Full Stack Developer
As ESG.AI’s Full Stack Developer, you will play a critical role in taking our SaaS product to the next stage in its evolution — we have exciting growth plans that require a diverse and nimble skill set! You will work in a cross-functional team composed of data scientists, engineers, academic researchers, and designers to transform ideas from the team into our suite of ESG strategy optimisation products.
Your responsibilities include:
- Drive and help to shape the technical direction of our core product features and functionality.
- Work closely with our team of designers and developers to build beautiful, powerful features and experiences.
- Take technical ownership of our existing SaaS Product.
- Collaborate with the product and research teams to develop and implement new functionality.
- Manage DevOps, particularly AWS and deployments.
- Follow and implement excellent data structure, coding, and documentation practices.
- Prepare reports to the team and participate in team meetings.
We’re a remote-enabled company, so if you want to work remotely you’ll have all the necessary tools and support you need to do so.
You should apply if…
- You believe in our mission and want to help us achieve it.
- You are proficient in all aspects of coding and web development.
- You have good communication skills and enjoy working with different stakeholders.
- You thrive in an evolving and highly innovative product development environment.
- You speak up when you disagree, ask questions when you don’t understand, provide constructive feedback to others, and take ownership of your work.
- You’re keen to learn and interested in a role where you will have progressively greater responsibility and make more strategic decisions.
Why Should You Work at ESG.AI?
At ESG.AI, you will be an integral member of a world-class team in an early stage and rapidly expanding start-up. Our team is intelligent, hardworking, fun, and has a passion for innovation as well as a proven track record though multiple successful tech start-ups.
We believe that a company is a reflection of its employees. ESG.AI is committed to an inclusive, respectful, and thought-provoking workplace that enables our team members to learn, collaborate, innovate, and grow. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and perspectives regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, culture, and age.
Competitive compensation will be determined based on fit and experience; our full-time employees are eligible to receive benefits.
- 3+ years of experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar position in an applicable industry or field.
- Comfortable jumping between the frontend and backend.
- Experience with back-end tools like Git, unit testing, continuous integration, and Linux command line skills.
- Obsessed about the details and getting them right.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Computer Engineering etc.) or equivalent industry experience.
- Kotlin or Java
- Spring Boot/Spring Data JPA
- Database (ideally PostgreSQL)
- Automated deployment (ideally Kubernetes)
- AWS (SES, S3)
- Google Cloud / Firebase
How to apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Full Stack developer application” as the subject line.
After an initial screening, select applicants will be asked for three references.